Sunday, July 23, 2006

Dusk


The sun's rays are receding, as it waves goodbye for the day. I'm thankful as it paves the way to the nice, soothing evening breeze. I'm seated in the balcony wondering as to what to post in my blog. Shall I write something related to news and current affairs, as I usually do?...In fact, I'm supposed to, being an aspiring journalist.Well, it somehow doesn't fit into my mood. The weather is too romantic to write on serious topics. I pick up the book I was reading - Shantaram. I realize that the travails of an escaped Australian convict carrying a false New Zeland passport is definitely much more interesting than a person thinking of ways to make his blog "interesting". I say to myself - "Dude, Get a Life.!!!...Surely you can do better than that." Maybe I can...but how? At that moment, two loud beeps bring me out of my reverie...its a text message from a friend - "Hey buddy, have you finished the project?"... "Oh No!!". I had completely forgotten about a 100 marks project to be submitted by August,the 12th. I curse at my friend for having spoiled the mood. I say "Goandboiluread"...Well, don't mistake it for some other language. You see its plain English - "Go and boil your head"...as simple as that. I don't even bother replying to the message. All the romanticism in the air around me vanishes in seconds...along with it, its goodbye to "getting a life". By now its dusk, and the light outside is barely enough to read. I cast my book aside and groaning, I make my way towards the kitchen to make myself a hot up of coffee...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»